lukewise.co.nr home  :: blog  >  links /  archive /  friends




Monday, August 22

Fruity

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control...
Galatians 5:22-23

Its been really on my mind lately... I am feeling convicted to be so much more aware of them, especially goodness (holiness) and self-control.
Never while living on this earth will I be able to complete these goals, but each step closer I can get the better it will be, it won't make life any easier (many times it will make it harder), it won't neccessarily make me happier (hopefully more joyful though), it won't make me more popular (more often than not the reverse) and there are many things which many people would argue make these goals hopless.

But when it comes down to it, I want to be the best person I can be (the one I was created to be), I want to be able to pass good morals onto my own kids one day and also onto those around me, I want to keep myself pure and as Phil said on camp, (something along the lines of) "being the holiest person we can be for our [future] spouse so that we can encourage them to become closer to christ".

I have no idea what God has in mind for my future, I do not know where I will be in 1 year, in a couple of months, let alone in several years. But what I do know is that I have confidence that he does have those plans (to prosper me!), and thats exciting!!!

I am excited to see the plans unfold, for the wife he has prepared for me to spend my life with, what he indends for me to spend my time on, the kids that he has already created, the people I am going to meet, the brothers and sisters I will be mutually encouraged by, those I will mentor, and all those things, all those proud moments in my life.

But I am also excited to see the pain, the hard times, the lonely times, the darkness, those who will hurt me, those who I will hurt, those who I will miss, the times I will fail. Why? Because thats what will form my character, thats what will form who I am created to be.

This post is getting long, I better finish up (and get back to my assignment).
Cheers,
Luke

Luke Freeman 11:57 |


Free Domain Name - www.YOU.co.nr! Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS! Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Get Thunderbird! Get Firefox!

© Luke Freeman 2005, Last Updated 2:44 PM 18/08/2005