lukewise.co.nr home  :: blog  >  links /  archive /  friends




Wednesday, July 14

i have a late start today, though i still woke up at 4 :'(
i went back to sleep a dozen times though :)

i went for a 24km jog last nite... the longest ive ever done... it hurt so much when i arrived home :(
i then had so much to eat (including a banna, ice cream, choc strawberry milkshake!!) that it made me feel so sick... so after my shower i crawled into bed...

my family are so so special... but very unpredictable and unusual at the same time (even jodie agreed with that yesterday)... im so thankful for my family because they have shaped me into the person that i am...

my dad: - he is the most dedicated dad i have ever met, always looking out for our best interests, always affirming us and telling us to dream, he makes sure we're polite and well mannered, he makes sure we feel loved, and especially that we dont take advantage of mum, and that we all pull our weight, he is always doing acts of service for us and others... commitment is spelt taking me to rowing every morning at 4-5 even if hes only had a few hours sleep!!!

my mum: - she is the most loving, self-sacrificing person you couls find, firstly not only did she give up a whole lot of her social life, she also sacrificed income by making sure we had the right education that we needed, and in jesse's case thats why he is still homeshcooled. she is creative, she is artistic, she is intelligient (like beyond what they could measure in th IQ test when she did it at school) she is so loving...

my older bro: - he took the guts to do what no one else would do, and although at the time, i hated him for it, it has certainly shaped me as a person. since his return from england, our relationship has changed, and evolved in new ways i would never have imagined, he has been looking out for me, and going out of his way to give me oppertunities to do some of the things i love doing.

my sister: - she is always looking out for me, she is there to make the peace, she has my best interests in mind, she is amazing, artistic, talented, creative, inteligient, loving, and who ever ends up being lucky enough to have her as a wife, would have to be amazing...

my younger bro: - though he can be the hardest to tolerate, every now and again, i can sit down with him, give him a hug and just talk, and i am so thankful for what god is going to do with him, his nievity can sometimes be inspiring...

my extended family have also shaped me, in theyre own ways, mum's dad - an inspiration; mum's mum - loving; dad's dad - incredibly wise and funny; dad's mum - faithful to her kids, and endured so much... let alone every one else...

also my leaders of all kinds and shapes have had such an impact on me

and my lifelong friends, the guys and girls at church that i have known my whole life, as well as those which i have known for years...

and my short term friendships, those who i meet through my life, those who only know one side of luke, who are only in one part of my life

i am thankful most of all to god, for it may be your experiences that shape you, but the way you turn out depends on what clay is being shaped...

luke

Luke Freeman 06:27 |


Free Domain Name - www.YOU.co.nr! Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS! Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Get Thunderbird! Get Firefox!

© Luke Freeman 2005, Last Updated 2:44 PM 18/08/2005